Get Involved. Become A Jorgensen Volunteer Usher
Being a member of the Jorgensen Volunteer Usher team is enjoyable and rewarding, and an important and valued component in sustaining a thriving arts center on the UConn campus in Storrs. Our volunteer ushers are the face of Jorgensen to our local arts patrons. We depend upon their professionalism from the moment our patrons enter the lobby until the last guest has gone home. As ambassadors of Jorgensen, our ushers are well-trained and knowledgeable about the events and programs that Jorgensen offers.
We are always looking for dedicated individuals who are able to commit to volunteering at various events.
Volunteer Usher Requirements
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and be in good physical condition.
- Must be availabe to usher for approximately six events per season.
- Must have good people skills and enjoy helping patrons have an outstanding Jorgensen experience.
- Must be able to attend a New Usher Orientation / Training Course prior to ushering your first event.