Now entering its twelfth year, the JOY! Conservatory program provides full scholarships and unique educational opportunities for talented and highly motivated young musicians who sing, play an instrument, or are interested in music composition, through a competitive application and audition process.
- During the academic year, students accepted into the JOY! Conservatory participate in a rigorous course of study that may include:
- Weekly instrumental/vocal lessons with private teacher of choice for one school year.
- The opportunity for instruction in music theory and participation in master classes and ensemble coachings.
The opportunity to perform in a JOY! Conservatory recital Students enrolled in the JOY! Conservatory Program also have the opportunity to attend select professional performances, concerts, recitals, and master classes, at Jorgensen and the UConn School of Fine Arts in Storrs at no cost.
2019-2020 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Applications are now being accepted for 2019-2020 JOY! Conservatory Program Scholarships. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, May 1.
JOY! Conservatory Program Scholarships are open to junior high and high school aged students in grades 8-12 who demonstrate talent, committment and financial need. To apply, students must complete and submit the application form below, and will need a letter of reference from a teacher or musican familiar with the students's talents and abilities.
JOY! CONSERVATORY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Additionally, students must prepare two pieces of contrasting style that most exemplify their talent and musicianship for an audition. Audition dates are listed below. All auditions are held at Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts.
- Sat, May 4 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Sat, May 18 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Sun, June 2 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Mon, June 10 4:00 - 7:00 pm
- Sat, June 15 1:00 - 4:00 pm
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Ryan Burns
JOY! Scholarship Coordinator