The Spotlight Is on You and Your Safety
We're excited to announce the return of in-person performances on the Jorgensen stage for the first time in 18 months. It will be so wonderful to have artists on the stage again and you, our patrons, back in your seats in the main hall.
Please check this web page prior to your visit for the latest information. We will continue to communicate the details regarding our protocols as we get closer to each performance. The health and safety of our patrons, staff, artists, and the UConn community is our highest priority.
UConn COVID-19 Updates
The latest official guidance and updates on UConn's response to COVID-19 and its impact on the university community can be found at
Current visitor guidelines can be found at https://covid.uconn.edu/visitors
Jorgensen Events - effective May 16, 2022MASKING POLICY
Effective May 16, Jorgensen will no longer require patrons and visitors to wear a mask. However, masks are still strongly recommended and encouraged while indoors. Jorgensen staff and visiting artists will continue to wear masks.
All patrons to Jorgensen events must comply with the Jorgensen COVID-19 Patron Vaccination Attestation at the point of purchase (as detailed below), but patrons will no longer be required to present physical proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test upon entry to the building.
- Certain touring productions, performers, and/or artists may require patrons to wear a mask and show proof of vaccinations or negative test. Jorgensen will post updates on individual event pages and in pre-show emails, as applicable.
- Should the State, University, local municipality or health authority issue changes to policy in response to a change in COVID-19 infection rates, Jorgensen reserves the right to comply with such changes and recommendations, including the reinstatement of masking and vaccination/test requirements.
- If you feel sick or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you prioritize your health and the health of others by staying home.
1. I am fully vaccinated, meaning that on the day of the Event as shown on a valid ticket:
Consistent with a growing number of performing arts venues across the country, Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts has adopted the COVID-19 vaccination/testing requirements herein (the "Jorgensen COVID-19 Patron Vaccination Requirement") for patrons at all performances held at Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts, or by Jorgensen performing entities in other locations on the UConn campus (individually or collectively, the "Event"). Additionally, our artists, backstage crew, and staff will comply with vaccination and testing protocols to promote the safety of all visitors to Jorgensen.
The safety of our patrons, faculty, staff, students, and artists remains a significant priority for us as we return to in-person performances. It is our hope that these additional layers of protection will allow us to all experience the power of live performances once more.
As a condition of being permitted to attend the Event, all patrons must agree to fully comply with and satisfy the Jorgensen COVID-19 Patron Vaccination Requirement below. (Children under the age of 12 are exempt from the Jorgensen Vaccination Requirement.)
Jorgensen COVID-19 Patron Vaccination Requirement Attestation
Patrons must accept the following attestation before completing a ticket purchase to a Jorgensen event. This attestation will appear as a pop-up message during an online ticket purchase, and for purchases in-person or over the phone, the attestation will be provided to patrons by Jorgensen Box Office staff. Patrons who do not accept the attestation will not be able to complete their purchase.
I hereby acknowledge, agree, and solemnly attest to the following:
(1) I attest that either -
a. at least 14 days have elapsed since my second dose of an FDA or WHO approved two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or:
b. at least 14 days have elapsed since my single dose of an FDA or WHO approved single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
2. I have taken, or will take, a COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours prior to the Event start time, or a COVID-19 antigen test (also known as a "rapid test") within 6 hours prior to the Event start time, and will only attend the Event if the test returns a negative result prior to the Event start time.
3. I am a UConn student, staff, or faculty member and am complying with the University COVID-19 vaccination policies and procedures applicable to me at the time of the Event.
(2) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, I understand that I am not permitted to, and attest that I will not attend the Event if I obtain a positive COVID-19 test result within 10 days of the Event, and understand that, where applicable, I should contact the Box Office for a refund. This same provision shall apply to any other person for whom I am purchasing a ticket.
(3) I understand, agree, and attest that all other person(s) for whom I am purchasing ticket(s) for the Event (except those that are under the age of 12) will comply fully with the Jorgensen COVID-19 Patron Vaccination Requirement herein, including without limitation, satisfying one of the conditions listed in Section (1) above, and I shall be responsible for ensuring compliance by all such person(s).
Safety Precautions and Guidelines for ALL Jorgensen Visitors:
All visitors should follow University safety precautions and guidelines:
- Monitor your health daily.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a CDC-recommended face covering:
- Indoors - recommended.
- Outdoors - recommended.
- The wearing of masks is always supported by the UConn community.
- For their own protection, unvaccinated individuals should maintain 6 feet distancing from others.
- Wash hands often.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Eating and drinking - Individuals should maintain 6 feet distancing from others when eating or drinking indoors.
- RECOMMENDED to be worn at all times in all indoor areas of Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts, regardless of vaccination status.
- All staff, students, artists, vendors, and patrons must remain masked the entire time inside the building.
- Masks may be removed briefly while actively drinking.
- Performers may not be required to wear masks onstage provided they are fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination status or negative COVID-19 test upon arrival at Jorgensen.
- Masks will be provided to visitors or patrons who need them.
- Seating capacities will be determined by UConn guidelines and are subject to change based on current COVID-19 restrictions.
- All tickets will be general admission.
- The first row of seats on the main floor and in the mezzanine will be a minimum of 25 feet away from stage. The first three rows of seats on the main floor have been removed to ensure this distance.
- Doors to the hall will open one hour prior to performances.
- Patrons are encouraged to arrive early to allow time for traffic, parking, and seating while following social distancing.
- Patrons will be seated promptly to reduce congestion in main lobby.
- Are you experiencing cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste/smell, or other symptoms as identified by the CDC?
- In the past 14 days, have you:
- Had close contact with anyone diagnosed with or being monitored for COVID-19?
- Been told you should quarantine or isolate because of travel or other exposures?
- If you answered yes to any question, please DO NOT attend the performance.
- If a patron tests positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of attending a performance at Jorgensen, please notify the Jorgensen Box Office by calling 860-486-4226. Patrons may report anonymously if desired, as long as they indicate which performance they attended.
- During this time, Jorgensen will implement a liberal refund policy as long as the request is made prior to a performance.
- When bar and concession areas re-open, payment must be exact change or credit card only.
- When Box Office window sales resume, only credit card payments will be accepted.
- Areas will be sanitized between each patron.
- Digital ticketing and ticket scanning have been implemented for all performances.
- The procedures for concession sales have been revised to reduce or eliminate physical contact.
- Jorgensen receives a daily cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces in common spaces - such as entry ways, lobbies, restrooms, and the main auditorium - with a product containing a soap or detergent sufficient to reduce the virus on surfaces and help maintain a healthy environment.
- Proper cleaning and disinfection are important to reduce the spread of many diseases. While it is possible to be infected with COVID-19 through contact with contaminated surfaces or objects, the risk of infection from touching a surface is low. Hand washing for a minimum of 20 seconds using soap and running water or use of hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is the best strategy to prevent infection from surfaces or objects.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located in main entrance areas.
- Disinfectant sprays and wipes are also in the main lobby area.
- Digital copies of the playbill will be available in addition to printed copies.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay entertained - We look forward to seeing you back at Jorgensen this season.