The Spotlight Is on You and Your Safety
We're excited to announce the return of in-person performances on the Jorgensen stage for the first time in 18 months. It will be so wonderful to have artists on the stage again and you, our patrons, back in your seats in the main hall.
Please check this web page prior to your visit for the latest information. We will continue to communicate the details regarding our protocols as we get closer to each performance. The health and safety of our patrons, staff, artists, and the UConn community is our highest priority.
UConn COVID-19 Updates
The latest official guidance and updates on UConn's response to COVID-19 and its impact on the university community can be found at
Current visitor guidelines can be found at media.ehs.uconn.edu/UCONN-CAMPUS-VISITOR-ACCESS-GUIDELINES.pdf .
Jorgensen Events - Fall 2021
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Beginning OCTOBER 15, 2021
*(see below for events prior to Oct 15, 2021)
UConn Students, Faculty, and Staff
- All UConn students, faculty, and staff must follow COVID-19 guidelines as outlines by the University (see covid.uconn.edu).
- UConn requires all students and employees either to be vaccinated or, if granted an exemption, to undergo regular surveillance testing. For UConn students, faculty, and staff therefore, presentation of a UConn-issued photo ID and a valid ticket are sufficient for entry into Jorgensen - no other documentation is necessary.
- Patrons should be fully vaccinated prior to arrival at Jorgensen, as mandated by the University of Connecticut (limited exceptions are outlined below).
- Patrons will need to be Fully Vaccinated (as defined below) with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine in order to be permitted to attend events at Jorgensen Center.
- Proof of vaccination, along with an acceptable form of ID, and a valid ticket for the performance will be required at the time of entry. Entry will be denied to patrons who do not provide the documentation as required.
- Proof of vaccination must come directly from the healthcare provide who administered the vaccination. Patrons may display proof on a smartphone or present a physical copy.
- Accepted forms of ID:
- A government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport, is required by all patrons 18 years and older. Patrons younger than 18 may use a government-issued photo ID or school photo ID. Patrons under 12 must be accompanied by an adult who meets the above requirements.
- "Fully Vaccinated" means on the day of the performance, as shown on the valid ticket, a patron is:
- at least 14 days after their second dose of an FDA or WHO approved two dose COVID-19 vaccine, or
- at least 14 days after their single dose of an FDA or WHO approved single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
- The only exceptions are:
- patrons who need reasonable accommodations due to a medical exemption or a sincerely held religous belief.
- patrons under the age of 12.
- The only exceptions are:
- Patrons who are not able to be vaccinated, for one of the reasons listed above, must provide,
instead of evidence of vaccination, proof of one of the following:
- negative COVID-19 antigen test (also known as a "rapid test") taken within 6 hours of the performance start time, or
- negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance start time.
*For Jorgensen events prior to October 15, 2021:
- All patrons entering Jorgensen Center are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated prior to arrival at Jorgensen. If unvaccinated, Jorgensen strongly encourages all visitors, staff, students, and artists to receive a COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arrival to Jorgensen.
- All other protocols listed below, including mandatory masks and social distancing, are required for attendance to all Jorgensen events, regardless of date.
Safety Precautions and Guidelines for ALL Jorgensen Visitors:
All visitors should follow University safety precautions and guidelines:
- Monitor your health daily.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a CDC-recommended face covering:
- Indoors - required for all.
- Outdoors - recommended.
- The wearing of masks is always supported by the UConn community.
- For their own protection, unvaccinated individuals should maintain 6 feet distancing from others.
- Wash hands often.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Eating and drinking - Individuals should maintain 6 feet distancing from others when eating or drinking indoors.
- MUST be worn at all times in all indoor areas of Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts, regardless of vaccination status.
- All staff, students, artists, vendors, and patrons must remain masked the entire time inside the building.
- Masks may be removed briefly while actively drinking.
- Performers may not be required to wear masks onstage provided they are fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination status or negative COVID-19 test upon arrival at Jorgensen.
- Masks will be provided to visitors or patrons who need them.
- Seating capacities will be determined by UConn guidelines and are subject to change based on current COVID-19 restrictions.
- All tickets will be general admission.
- The first row of seats on the main floor and in the mezzanine will be a minimum of 25 feet away from stage. The first three rows of seats on the main floor have been removed to ensure this distance.
- Patrons will be seated as a single, a pair, or in a group by ushering staff.
- Doors to the hall will open one hour prior to performances.
- Patrons are encouraged to arrive early to allow time for traffic, parking, and seating while following social distancing.
- Patrons will be seated promptly to reduce congestion in main lobby.
- Are you experiencing cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste/smell, or other symptoms as identified by the CDC?
- In the past 14 days, have you:
- Had close contact with anyone diagnosed with or being monitored for COVID-19?
- Been told you should quarantine or isolate because of travel or other exposures?
- If you answered yes to any question, please DO NOT attend the performance.
- If a patron tests positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of attending a peformance at Jorgensen, please notify the Jorgensen Box Office by calling 860-486-4226. Patrons may report anonymously if desired, as long as they indicate which performance they attended.
- During this time, Jorgensen will implement a liberal refund policy as long as the request is made prior to a performance.
- When bar and concession areas re-open, payment must be exact change or credit card only.
- When Box Office window sales resume, only credit card payments will be accepted.
- Areas will be sanitized between each patron.
- Digital ticketing and ticket scanning have been implemented for all performances.
- The procedures for concession sales have been revised to reduce or eliminate physical contact.
- Artists may take a brief pause, but there will be no formal intermissions for most events in Fall 2021.
- Jorgensen receives a daily cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces in common spaces - such as entry ways, lobbies, restrooms, and the main auditorium - with a product containing a soap or detergent sufficient to reduce the virus on surfaces and help maintain a healthy environment.
- Proper cleaning and disinfection are important to reduce the spread of many diseases. While it is possible to be infected with COVID-19 through contact with contaminated surfaces or objects, the risk of infection from touching a surface is low. Hand washing for a minimum of 20 seconds using soap and running water or use of hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is the best strategy to prevent infection from surfaces or objects.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located in main entrance areas.
- Disinfectant sprays and wipes are also in the main lobby area.
- Digital copies of the playbill will be available in addition to printed copies.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay entertained - We look forward to seeing you back at Jorgensen this season.